Summer Workshops: Materials list
July / Knitting Month
- You'll have the option of 2 patterns, so materials will vary.
- Item: Throw blanket
- Needles: 9mm / US 13, circular
- Yarn: ~2500yds, Lion Brand Hue & Me, Woolspun or any weight 5 bulky
- Item: Scarf
- Needles: Size US 15 (10mm) circular, at least 12”/30cm long
- Yarn: 2 skeins Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, or ~212yds/194m of another super bulky weight, cat. 6 yarn
- Item: Cowl
- Needles: 16-20" circular needles, US 10 / 6mm
- Yarn: Baby Rooster, Merino / Sport #2, worked holding two strands together / ~410 yards / But any #2 sport will do!
- Notions: Stitch marker
- Item: Beanie
- Size US 10.5 (6.5mm) circular knitting needles, 16”/ 40cm long
- Size US 10.5 (6.5mm) double pointed knitting needles, set of 5
- Yarn: 1 skein Lion Brand Hue + Me or approx. 137yds/ 125m of another bulky weight, cat. 5 yarn
- Notions: Stitch marker
August / Tunisian Crochet Month
- Item: Headband
- Hook: 7mm, at least 7"
- Yarn: Weight 4 • 110 yds Lion Brand, Wool-Ease Color: Natural Heather
- Item: Shawl
- Hook: US N/15 10mm Tunisian crochet hook with varying cord lengths, up to 50” (my favorite Tunisian hooks!) Adjust hook as needed to obtain gauge!
- Yarn: We Are Knitters The Petite Wool, aran weight 100% Peruvian wool [153 yards per 3.5 ounce/ 100 gram ball].
- A – Spotted Blue, 215 yards (2 balls)
- B – Spotted Gray, 450 yards (3 balls)
- Item: Kitchen towel + runner
- Hooks: Size M13 (9 mm) Tunisian crochet hook with a 12 in. Cord
- Color A - Bernat Maker Home Decor, weight 5 (133 yards)
- Color B - Bernat Maker Home Decor, weight 5 (~430 yards for small, 530 yards for medium, and 634 yards for large)
- Item: Throw Blanket
- Hook: 6 mm Tunisian hook with cord
- Yarn: Weight 4 • ~1,530 yds Lion Brand Pound of Love (1 1/2 skeins)
September / Macramé Month
- Item: Wall hangings (2x)
- Yarn: Weight 5, Bernat Maker Home Dec, 40 yds per hanging
- Other: Daris, Gold Metal Rings
- One 8” ring per hanging
- One 10” ring per hanging
- Item: Coasters
- Yarn: 33 feet of 5mm macrame string
- Other: comb or brush
- Item: Plant Hanger
- Yarn: 114 Feet 3/16th inch 3 Strand Cotton Rope
- 3 inch Welded Metal Ring
- Scotch Tape (3/4 inch)
- Ceiling Hook
- Rolling rack
- Item: Bag
- Yarn: In this project I use Braided Cord 5mm in diameter with cotton filling inside by Bobbiny (Poland). You will need about 75-80 m of it. You can use any kind of ropes, cords, strings, twines made out of cotton, jute or even synthetic materials. But the technique of making handles will be different. If you use thinner cord just add more strands in the very beginning.
- It will be easier to place your work on some kind of a hanger, a wooden dowel, for example, a branch or a thick knitting needle. I use a thick bamboo needle.
- Sewing needle + thread
- 15 x 7 cm leather handles (if used)
- Polyester or nylon threads for hand-sewing leather (if you use leather handles)
- 35x70 cm piece of cotton fabric (preferably) or any other fabric to sew an inner bag (not necessary)