Instant Download PDF
The Blanket Scarf is a fall + winter staple. I usually make around 750 blanket scarves a year, and have gathered every insight, hack, and process into this in-depth tutorial. No prior experience needed (#nosew).
Whether you're making one for yourself, or adding blanket scarves to your shop, this 10 page tutorial will walk you through:
- My go-to tools for an effortless + sleek finish
- How to choose fabric (content, type, scale, design)
- Where to purchase fabric (4 vendor recs with detailed pros + cons, and a full chart of offerings. 3 vendors ship internationally.)
- Suggested sizes/proportions
- How to get straight + effortless cuts
- How to get the perfect fray
- Finish, style, and care for your finished product
- For those selling: tips for product photos + listing descriptions
All fabric featured in photographs was purchased from recommended fabric vendors included in the tutorial. Due to turnover, and the involvement of third parties, naturally I cannot guarantee that any of the fabrics pictured are currently in stock. Vendor links will go to vendor itself, not directly to these particular fabrics.
Instant download DIY pattern.
Written in US standard terms.